Ads are run according to the regulations below. Please read through this page to get a better understanding of Ads. For more specific information, please read through the sub-pages that relate to the type of ad you would like to submit.
For more information on how to make an Ad, visit our Create an Ad section.
All Delaware Valley University Ads:
- Only Delaware Valley University affiliated groups are allowed to display ads.
- There is no charge for this service to Delaware Valley University organizations. We do not accept paid advertisements.
- Requests will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis and scheduled based on availability.
- The ad MUST be submitted at least five working days prior to the preferred posting date. If advertisement is not received by the deadline, it is possible your ad may not run.
- Ads may not run after the event date.
- Delaware Valley University organizations must submit the static ad (750 characters maximum) or dynamic ad that they wish to display.
- All Ads must use a legible font and font size should be 32pt.
- Delaware Valley University reserves the right to deny any request for display or remove or refuse any ad that does not adhere to the guidelines or is deemed inappropriate. Lewd, crude or rude ads will not be accepted. Delaware Valley University will notify the submitter so that, if possible, they may change and resubmit the ad.
Ads should not contain:
- False or misleading statements or visual/verbal exaggerations.
- Testimonials that do not reflect the real opinion of the individual(s) involved;
- Price claims that are misleading;
- Claims insufficiently supported or that distort the true meaning or practical application of statements made by professional or scientific authority;
- Statements, suggestions or pictures offensive to public decency or minority segments of the population
- Any inappropriate material, including but not limited to promotions of alcohol and tobacco consumption, pornographic displays, nudity, etc.
Content presented on digital signage should not:
- Infringe on the legal rights, including copyrights, rights of privacy and publicity of others;
- Cause any damage or disadvantage to others;
- Disturb public order;
- Reflect a criminal act;
- Present or distribute any third party’s private information without obtaining approval from such third parties;
- Disgrace others;
- Defame or libel others;
- Offer digital files for access or download that contain viruses or corrupted files that may damage the operation of others computers;
Criteria for Groups Advertising on Ads:
- Delaware Valley University organizations (recognized student organizations and departments) are eligible to advertise for FREE;
o Advertisements must promote the organization or a specific event; three ads for an one organization can run at one time.
o Less than 20% of the advertisement may be dedicated to any non-Delaware Valley University organization affiliated with the event or organization in any way;
- Logos of any non-Delaware Valley University organization can be no larger than 2″ x 2″ or 144 px by 144px; and
- Advertisements may contain sound if there is dialogue or purpose for sound other than background music. Delaware Valley University reserves the right to mute any sound as it deems appropriate.
- Fundraising ads must directly benefit Delaware Valley University departments or organizations.
This website is made available to the University community for the sole purpose of announcing and advertising events and activities to the University community in accord with University policy. Specifically prohibited are 1) unlawful language and images and 2) announcements or advertisements promoting unlawful conduct.
Adapted from the American Association of Advertising Agencies (AAAA)